Monday, April 18, 2011

The View From the Top



...The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the bearth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its dmotion, yea, and also all the eplanets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator. - Alma 30:44


I grew up in Utah, Colorado and Wyoming, states that are known for their majestic mountain ranges. One of my favorite places to be is in these mountains. Everything up there seems so calm and peaceful. I love to sit there and look around and marvel at the beauty that surrounds us. We can look up into the heavens and see all the distant stars and planets. From the mountain top we can see everything for miles and miles on a clear day. We have that ability to see all that God's created for us. All we have to do is look.





I've spent my fair share of time in these mountains and it never ceases to amaze me at what our Heavenly Father created for us. I've had some of my most spiritual experiences while basking in the quiet reverence of the wilds of our country. From the powerful force of constant falling water, to the beauty of a sunset, to the complexcity of a blooming flower, everything in nature tells me that God exists, and that He loves us so much that he created the earth for us to enjoy.


Elder Adams at Lost Creek Cave



  
Sunset in McMinnville, TN











I know that God lives, and that He loves each and everyone of us. All we have to do is take the time to look around, and we can know for ourselves.


Elder Holder enjoying a day in the UT high country


1 comment:

  1. I love mountains! They are so pretty! I love climbing mountains and looking down and seeing the beautiful view God gave us! You should visit Alaska Mountains!

    ReplyDelete